Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forecast: Cloudy and blah - Tuesday 7/12

We had a cloudy, breezy, and relatively cool day here in London. Those of you living in south Georgia (and apparently other parts of the states if the news reports I get glimpses of from back home are accurate) may remember those. It will be about 3-4 more months before we get this kind of weather there again.

Anyway, Tuesday was the field trip day for the rest of the classes. That meant I had a fairly quiet morning, though I did have to call my bank. Apparently my notification that I was going to be in England hadn't been put into my file like I thought it had. The bank froze my account when I went to get a withdrawal from an ATM. It only took a few minutes to rectify, and the woman on the other end (once I got to a person that is) was very pleasant about it all. At least I am reassured that there is someone paying attention to my account, even though they should have had the record correct in the first place.

The afternoon passed fairly quietly too. That is until the field trips were over. There have been some issues cropping up in the dorms over the last few days, such as noise, elevator issues, and the occasional food item pilfering from the kitchens. We decided to hold a dorm meeting of the students in the dorm I am living in. It seemed productive, if one evening can be the proof; it was a quiet night in the dorm last night.

Other than the rather mundane administrative duties that I have here, Tuesday didn't have much going on. The excitement will be coming up in the next few days. I have a trip to Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon, and a trip to the city of Bath (with its wonderful abbey and incredible Roman ruins) coming up on Friday and Saturday. In addition, I will be taking my students to two great museums on Thursday for our field trip. However, more on those when they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment