Monday, July 25, 2011

The beginning of the end - Sunday 7/24

On Sunday, the realization that we are entering our final week here finally hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't feel at all ready to leave yet, but at the same time I am entirely ready to be back home. I miss my cats, my bed, and my friends, but I still have a lot that I want to do here in and around London.

Anyway, I took advantage of the free time I had, while I wasn't preparing for the final two class meetings of my class, to try and finish up my souvenir shopping. I didn't quite finish as it turned out, but I did have a pretty good time walking through the markets.

I started out by going back up to Camden Market. It was even more corwded than the first time I was there on this trip. I looked around, bought a few things, and then I stumbled upon the same seller of windspinners that I had purchased mine from the previous week. Since I didn't take a picture on that occasion, I did this time. Here it is.

the windspinner shop at Camden Market in London
Those of you who know will realize that bright shiny objects rate high on my "like-o-meter." I bought one like the sun-shaped one near the center of this picture.
After Camden Market, I went to Oxford Road. This is another major shopping district in London. I had been looking to purchase a tie or two, and after I stopped, I had, in fact, purchased nine ties! Again, as any one who knows me will understand, I like ties and wear a different one each day of each semester. This batch will be added to this fall's collection.
my new ties - purchased in London
After my shopping, I had a sandwich in my dorm, and started contemplating the packing challenges that are ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment