Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Belated New York trip pictures

Remember that this was my first time to New York, so some of these may seem lame, but for me they were interesting. They aren't in any particular order either.

This first one is taken from Central Park looking at the interesting buildings visible beyond the trees.

This next one is of me in Battery Park with Liberty Island and Ellis Island in the background. It was a windy day, and this is the least scary picture that I have of me!

While in New York, much of our time was taken up with rehearsals and the performance of the Chamber Choir, but we did get the chance to see a couple of shows. This was the first one we saw.

This was the second show we saw.

In Central Park, we did get to see the John Lennon Memorial in Strawberry Fields.

I didn't see a taping of the show, but it was kind of cool to walk past the sign for the Late Show. For me, it is almost as iconic of New York as the Empire State Building - which by the way we saw, but my picture didn't turn out at all.

This last picture is just a quick take of my first view of Times Square.

This isn't all of the pictures I took, but many of them have students or colleagues in them. I don't post those unless I have express permission to do so though. Others turned out poorly if at all. Still, there are a few here to hint at what we did, and to whet my memory, where the best images are stored! All in all, it was a good trip. I have travelled to many large cities, but I had always had anxiety about travelling to New York. I think this trip made that anxiety go away. I would NEVER want to live there, but I can imagine another visit or two to see more of what I missed this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment