Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday 5/25

Though it has nothing to do with my study abroad class in London this summer, I will be traveling to New York City this weekend. It will be my first trip to NYC, though I have flown through JFK once or twice. I'm a little apprehensive, but that's probably because I watch too much "Law & Order" and "CSI: NY."

Anyway, I will be traveling with the ABAC Chamber Choir to perform the Faure Requiem at Lincoln Center along with the Valdosta State University Chamber Choir. It is part of the DCINY concert series. I'm looking forward to it because I really enjoy singing with the choir. Music is another one of my passions (as is theatre). In addition, the students in the ABAC Chamber Choir are generally good kids, and mostly fun to be around. They sometimes drive me crazy, but they also keep me feeling younger than I am. I think of myself as sort of their "crazy uncle." I'll post pictures and reflections on this trip, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment