Thursday, May 19, 2011

First Word

This blog is being established as a chronicle of an English professor's adventure in England during the summer of 2011. It may eventually grow beyond that scope, but for now, plans are modest.

This trip to England is part of a study abroad opportunity with the University System of Georgia. It is hosted by the European Council, which is a consortium of colleges and universities in the state of Georgia in the U.S. that works to provide study abroad opportunities for American students to study in various locations in Europe and receive college credit for their experiences.

I am an Associate Professor of English at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College in Tifton, Georgia. I love where I work, and I am excited to explore England at every opportunity that I can.

The study abroad trip doesn't begin for a little over a month. We leave on June 23 and return July 28. Until then, I will update this blog (maybe daily, then again, maybe not) with the preparations for the trip and reflections on the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment